Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Axed by the Tax Man

Once again the tax man has welted his mighty ax. Yes folks, I had to pay up this tax day a substantial sum. And what is my hard earned monies going towards: government waste, a no win and unjust war, pet political projects, inept and uncaring government services, invasion of civic rights under the guise of the Patriot Act, indicted politicians, scandals ad nausea, economy in a recession, a marriage defense act, escalating energy costs, joblessness at an all time high, increasing taxes, decaying infrastructures, and of course the disparities (DISCRIMINATION) that gay couples face because they are denied the federal tax benefits that go with marriage. I could continue this harangue but believe that I made my point and in the interest of time and my sanity will close out with this quote from Mahatma Gandhi - "You must be the change, you wish to see in the world".

No comments: