Friday, May 2, 2008

Completed First Semester - Union Seminary


Awhile back, I noted that I had returned to the academic world and had enrolled for classes at Union Theological Seminary in New York. Good news and "???" news. I successfully completed my first semester and received very positive evaluations from my professors. I very proud of my achievements (if I do say so myself) as it was not an easy venture for me going back to school after so many years and having to commute to New York from Philadelphia via bus. The ??? hitch that I am referring to is that because of an enrollment timing issue, I had to take the classes as a non-degree student. I have since applied for status as an Master of Divinity student but my admission has been put into a "hold/pending" status. Seems like the evaluation committee was concerned as to whether I was ready or not (whatever that means). Been told what that means is that they will make a final decision after reviewing my class evaluations. I am hopeful based on the feedback that I got from my professors and my own sense of accomplishment. I really want this so please extend support, positive energy, and prayers. Meanwhile, I continue to do a lot of volunteer work for my home church, First Unitarian Church of Philadelphia. Stop by and say Hi, sometime. And an advertising note, we are having a Bali Ha'i South Pacific Auction and Entertainment event tomorrow May 3, 2008 at 5:30pm. Please stop by; who knows, you may catch me in a grass skirt (not).

No comments: