Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Knee Replacement


Well after four years of limping around and enduring pain in my right knee due to advanced osteoarthritis I am admitting myself into the hospital tomorrow for knee replacement surgery. Am I anxious, nervous, apprehensive, and having second thoughts - oh yes. But I have been reassured by the doctor, nurses, friends, and others that have had the procedure done, I will be thankful that I went ahead and did it. I truly hope so. I love to walk, hike, and square dance and so if I will able to do those activities again without pain and stiffness, it will be worth it. I am not looking forward to the post surgery pain, physical therapy sessions, being immobile for a few weeks, and missing the pool opening this weekend but as they say into each life a little rain must fall. Who is the "they" that make all this pithy remarks anyways? I appreciate all of you who have offered me words of comfort and volunteered assistance. Now let me play the little engine. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can!

No comments: