Sunday, June 1, 2008

OUCH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I did not "chicken out" and last Thursday checked myself into the hospital and acquired myself a new knee. The surgery went well and the surgeon tells me that he did another excellent job (love his modesty). The pain being experienced during this post operative/recovery period is intense. It is like hot razors slicing into my knee and leg. No, it is like a nest of wasps stinging me in anger over and over again. No, it is like nails are being pounded into the flesh after the skin has been peeled off. If I have not conveyed yet the intensity, did hear one woman say that she rather give child birth than experience this pain. Now know why some people choose not to have this procedure done. They say in a couple of weeks I will be celebrating that I "walked through the fire". Sure hope so! Had a dear friend (Bob) stay with me for the first week following the surgery and words can not express how much I appreciated his support, comfort, and caring. Now am looking forward to navigate without use of a walker and cane. Till then ----

No comments: